Green Faces is Australia's most popular audience voted comedy competition held at the Canberra Irish Club each year.
Since it's inception in 1997, Green Faces has had over 600 competitors, given away over $45,000 in cash and has had over 12000 people attend!!!
There are 9 Heats. 3 from Sydney, 3 from Melbourne, 1 from Adelaide, 1 from Brisbane and 1 from Canberra.
$2500.00 cash plus a weeks bookings (Thursday-Saturday) at the Sydney Comedy Store or The Sit Down Comedy Club in Brisbane.
$750 Cash plus a minimum three Gigs.
As a rough outline, this is how the evening will be run and the people who will be involved in the night:
- The Host will be a professional comedian who will hold the whole night together.
- Six contestants each Thursday night, except for the grand final where there will be Ten. The Host will introduce the evening to explain what's going on to the audience and hold the show together - perform for 8-10 minutes. Each of the contestants will then perform for up to ten minutes. In between each contestant the host will come back out and using his/her discretion will introduce the next contestant to the stage or rev the crowd back up before introducing the next contestant. There are two quick breaks - after the first three comedians (10 - 15 minutes) and then while the voting forms are collected. After the second break the Host will perform for 15-20 minutes and then introduce the winner for the night and close the show. The winner of each heat goes directly into the final.
- For their vote to count the audience simply mark one box.
- The heats are audience voted. If there are any discrepancies the Judges decision is final.
- For the Grand Final the audience votes and judges votes are worth 50% of the total score.
- Khaled Khallafella (VIC)
- Sean Woodland (NSW)
- Suns of Fred (WA) & Amos Gill (SA)
|2011||The Stevenson Experience||James Moffett|
|2010||Moataz Hamde||Ben Lomas|
|2008||Jay Sullivan||Brian Chandler|
|2007||Tom Gibson||Oliver Phammovanh|
|2006||Troy Kinne (VIC)||Dave Eastgate|
|2005||Sean Baxter (QLD)||David Thornton (VIC)|
|2004||Richard Marks (VIC)||Janelle Koening (VIC)|
|2003||Brett Nichols (NSW)||Average (SA)|
|2002||Big Brother Little Brother (NSW)||Em O'Lochlin (SA)|
|2001||Ross Janetski (QLD)|
|2000||Jason Starrett (NSW)|
|1999||Anh Do (NSW)||Dave Williams (VIC)|
|1998||Marty Wilson (NSW)||Tom Gleeson (NSW)|
|1997||Steve Hughes (NSW)||Joe Avati (NSW)|